Monday, July 9, 2007

long time, no blog

Ok, so it's been forever since I've been able to get on to the internet. My mom's internet service has been out since last Monday. It finally came back on yesterday, but I worked all day. Whew, this working thing can be a big drag sometimes :P

We've been trying to get used to the high humidity and all the rain this season. Everyone here in Texas keeps telling me about the horrible drought of the last couple of years and I should be glad it's not so dry this year :) Ok, but I'm thinking about building an ark. Wasn't it 30 cubits, by 300 cubits? And I don't think I can hammer that well.

On the other hand, Rowan has been dealing with some sores on his ear, nose and parts of his face. First we thought it was bug bites, so we've moved him out of his room and sprayed for bugs, steam cleaned the carpet and washed everything we could. Then, the sores just weren't healing right. I finally broke down and took him to the doctor today. Of course, we're between insurances right now. This couldn't have happened two weeks ago or three weeks from now. But anyway, the final diagnosis is Impetigo. At least it was something worth taking him in for. I feel better paying for a doctor bill knowing it's not just a worried mom thing. The doctor said that it should look better in a couple of days. So no pictures of the monkey today. He looks like he has leprosy and should be ringing a bell where ever he walks.

On the Idaho front, Eric saw an ad for a dog that needed a home. After some discussion, we decided to try Maggie out. She's another great dane, blue merle, like Morgan and only 2 years old. She's been playing with Morgan like crazy, Eric says. I think when Morgan reaches her full growth, with the 4 dogs, we'll have around 500 lbs of dog! Wow! I can't wait to meet her. Here's a picture of her.

Rowan and I will be taking a quick trip up to see Eric the first week in August. I guess we'll have to celebrate our anniversary, Eric's birthday and Rowan's birthday all at once :) It'll be nice to be in a dry climate again.

No comments: