Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey day update

Well, Rowan was only sick for about a day and a half. Thank goodness. Eric is glad that he didn't get sick too. Eric and Rowan are doing generally pretty good. The only big problem is that Rowan is having a lot of trouble sleeping. He's usually pretty good at getting 10-11 hours of sleep at night, and lately it's only about 8, and waking up in the middle of the night too. His naps are only 45 minutes for the most part. He used to get between 3 and 5 hours of sleep in naps throughout the day. He wakes up cranky and crying, although he gets better and is happy most of the day. Every few days he'll have a good 3 hour nap, but that's probably only because he's so tired. We thought it might be teething, but it's been going on for a long time. The pediatrician's nurse said that teething shouldn't wake him up in the middle of the night. Eric has an appointment for him in two weeks, but we're not sure if we should have him seen earlier. And what are they going to tell us to do anyway?
But, Eric is happy he's able to spend time with Rowan. They are reading a bunch of books. Rowan knows which ones he likes to read and brings them to Eric. Rowan "helps" out with the chores and follows Eric around the yard feeding the chickens and goats.
I miss them both a whole lot. It's only 5 more weeks till I see them again. I go back to Idaho on the 30th of December. I'm not sure where I'll find another assignment yet. I'm looking for one closer to home this time.



I have a few pictures of Rowan that Eric sent. There are new ones on Rowan's site as well. (The link is to right of my posts)
As for Turkey day, Eric is cooking a turkey with all the trimmings for him and Rowan. Mom and Dad are cooking here for Jude and I, and a few other family members.
I hope everyone else gets to spend time with family and enjoy a wonderful day.
Happy Thanksgiving
Love to Everyone

1 comment:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

That must be tough being so far away, but I'm sure that the days will fly by! How are your boys doing? What are you doing for Christmas... waiting to celebrate until Dec 30? I still remember that year we were at your parents for Christmas. I REALLY remember watching all those Superman videos and Jude giving me a lesson in how to "correctly" wrap presents! :)