Thursday, October 4, 2007

It's been a long, long time

well, um, yeah, so it's been over a month since I've blogged. It's one of those things, you wait a while, then you realize it's been a long time. Then before you know it, it's been a month.

Well, Rowan and I went home to New Plymouth in September for 2 weeks. We had lots of fun. We took Rowan to the Discovery center in Boise. Eric and I got more out of it than Rowan did. I don't have any pictures, they're still on the camera at home. We mostly just spent some time with Eric. Rowan loves spending time with his Daddy. His favorite thing is to bring him a book and show Daddy all the things he wants named. Dog, cat, airplane, and so on. It's pretty cute.

Rowan learned to blow his train whistle while we were home. He doesn't blow very hard, but you can hear the whistle. I think it's pretty amazing for a one year old to blow a whistle.

We came back to Longview, Tx the end of September. I'll be here until the end of December and will go home for a week the first part of November. We've been just hanging around mostly while I work.

Last week we had a lot of fun. Mom and I decided that he might be old enough to go to Chuck E. Cheese's. So first we stopped by Aunt Vivian's house. The sprinklers were on and Rowan found out he likes sprinklers. That was fun, but when we left the house, he couldn't find the sprinklers and went looking for them. Needless to say, he found his first mud puddle, just as we're leaving to go to Chuck E. Cheese's. So now it's a wardrobe change and wipe off.

Now, we're at Chuck E. Cheese's. There's a mechanical horse that looks like fun. Mom put him up on it and he wasn't so sure about it. I put a coin in and he started crying and reaching to get off. Ok, no mechanical rides, I guess. So we sit down to eat and guess who comes out to see the kids? Of course, Chuck himself. Well, Rowan decides he's about the scariest thing ever. I had to take him out of the high chair he was so upset. He watched that wierd mouse person all the way around the restaurant until he went back stage. So later I tried to put him in another ride, but there was a plastic Chuck in it and he didn't like that at all. He did enjoy walking around and watching people play the free throw game and the skee ball game. He figured when people put their tokens on the ground, they were fair game. He managed to upset several other little kids that way. But, I think overall he enjoyed most of it. We just have to keep a look out for giant mice men :)

Well, that's all we've really done of big interest so far. I'll try to be better with blogging from now on. I'm trying to add pictures, but blogspot is having issues. I'll put some up in the next blog :)

No comments: