Monday, June 11, 2007

Start of the hot, wet summer

Well, it sure has been a busy week!!!
I worked Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights and came home Saturday morning, finished packing and tried to get a couple of hours of sleep. That didn't work. For some reason, I couldn't fall sound asleep. So I got up, Eric drove Rowan and me to the airport and said our good byes for most of the summer. It's exciting and a little scary too. At the airport, we asked if there was an earlier flight to Dallas. Our original one had us coming in at 11 pm and having to drive another 2 hours to mom & dad's house in Longview. I was not looking forward to getting to their house somewhere between 1 and 2 am. Ugghhh! There was an earlier flight, but that only gave me about 1/2 an hour to get to my connecting flight. But the plane would land at 8pm. I decided to go for it. We ended up getting in about 12:30am. Better any way.
Rowan was very good on the first flight. He played with the 6 year old girl sitting next to us the whole way. He was in a very good mood. At Salt Lake, he was a little confused with the run through the airport and not very happy that he didn't have time to crawl around before getting on the next flight. Also, he wanted a bottle, which I hadn't had time to make for him. The flight attendant wasn't able to get any warm water for him until the plane levelled off. By then he was screaming and the whole plane was willing to wait while she made him some warm water! He got his bottle and went right to sleep. He slept almost the entire rest of the way. He really does travel pretty well.
We got into Dallas, were picked up by Mom's Taxi, went to eat at the five star restaurant, Denny's and drove home to Longview. Rowan and I slept most of the way. We were able to take Sunday and get some much needed rest for both of us.
I started the new job today. I oriented to the hospital and met my boss. I have my schedule for the next few weeks. Basically, they fit me in wherever they needed me. I'm a little split up, but it's not too bad. At least it's not Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday!! That would be horrible. :)
I have tomorrow off, and I don't know if I'm gonna try to rest some more, or go out with Mom. I guess we'll see if the draw of shopping is bigger than the draw of sleep. Hmmm....
Pictures to come soon, I hope. Rowan is starting to cover his face with his hands. It's pretty cute and Oma is trying to teach him to blow kisses. Opa feeds him bananas, whole of course! And Uncle Jude makes faces at him. He and the dog are sharing toys. She takes them right out of his hands or mouth, whatever the case may be.

No comments: